The program can be conducted online and includes 12 Conference Calls of the duration of about 45 minutes, individually or with a group of between 6-10 people. It is also ideal as an add-on to any accelerator program.
The Seed Finance Acceleration Program is offered to Accelerators, Angel Associations and other institutions organising training for a specific groups of people, or individually for a 1-on-1 document review and consulting process. A compact 1.5-day practical training program is also available on site.
All participants will be able to:
- Join the 12 scheduled calls (or 1.5-day training)
- View the lecture slides online for 3 months
- Receive templates to create your own investment proposal
- Be awarded a Completion Certificate.
The finance lessons will take place online or on-site in a small group to be able to interact, share information and ask questions. Most lessons will involve assignments, therefore the best outcome is guaranteed when joining all the sections. You can also access the single lessons and download the templates here by clinking on the relevant links:
- Introduction to the Financing Strategy, the investment market, instruments and shareholder issues (Output: Your Financing Strategy)
- Telling a story with numbers (Output: Elevator Pitch)
- Customers and Market Validation (Output: Validation Plan)
- Financials: Customers, Revenue and Marketing (Output: Market Size)
- Financials: Costs and Cash Flow (Output: Simple Financial Plan)
- Exit Strategy and Value (Output: Executive Summary)
- Startup Valuation (Output: Valuation Estimate)
- Communication of financial figures (Output: Pitch Deck)
- Finding & Approaching Investors (Output: Long List of Investors, approach strategy and online presence)
- Creating the Business Plan (Output: Business plan)
- Negotiations (Output: Term Sheet typical clauses)
The document we will work on are: Executive Summary, Simple Financial Plan, Valuation Estimate, Pitch Deck, Business Plan.
Every participant can also access premium services through the Startup and Growth Stage Services options.
Getting to know the fundraising process is one of the largest gaps to fill for new entrepreneurs. There are so many “finance talks” but many are superficial. At the same time, accelerators do not typically offer good finance or valuation classes, and the startup cannot hire a CFO until later stages. This consulting is also expensive and investors have learnt to ‘close an eye’ over the financial plans that they receive, which are usually ignored because they are unreliable. We see startups at advanced stages that are still producing very unrealistic financials.
In addition, as consulting does not cost any less for startups than it does for SMEs, purchasing cheap consulting services is often a waste of resources. At seed stage, the founders’ vision should be fully reflected in the documents presented and be consistent with what you are saying in person. A consultant can give you strategy guidance, but no one will create your strategy from scratch, as investors at this stage invest in people. The founders’ involvement and reliability is important for the investment decision.
We believe that this can be done much more efficiently, that’s why we’ve planned out the Seed Finance Program for new and prospective entrepreneurs and seed stage startups to become investment-ready faster. This gives you the tools to create your own personalised story and documents, outsource only what you need, and it gives you the necessary knowledge to re-edit any document when necessary and make them your own.
The program will be intensive, some concepts will be basic and some concepts will be difficult, especially if working with numbers is not your thing. You will be able to learn the specifics of the financing process and learn how to complete all documents useful for the process, making this a seed finance course with one of the highest value for money that is available.