The training program can be conducted online and includes 6 Conference Calls of the duration of about 45 minutes, offered individually for a 1-on-1 document review and consulting process.
A similar training can also be offered to a small group through a short on-site seminar, or a practical 1-day on-site training program with exercises and templates. It is also ideal as an add-on to any Accelerator program, for Angel Associations and other institutions organising training for specific groups of people.
All participants will be able to:
- Have 6 individual training calls
- View the lecture slides online for 3 months
- Receive templates to create your own investment proposal
- Be awarded a Completion Certificate.
The program will involve assignments, therefore the best outcome is guaranteed when ensuring you complete all exercises in-between lessons. The training will include:
- Introduction to the Financing Strategy, the investment market, instruments and shareholder issues (Output: Your Financing Strategy)
- Telling a story with numbers (Output: Elevator Pitch)
- Customers and Market Validation (Output: Validation Plan)
- Financials: Customers, Revenue and Marketing (Output: Market Size)
- Financials: Costs and Cash Flow (Output: Simple Financial Plan)
- Exit Strategy and Value (Output: Executive Summary)
- Startup Valuation (Output: Valuation Estimate)
- Communication of financial figures (Output: Pitch Deck)
- Finding & Approaching Investors (Output: Long List of Investors, approach strategy and online presence)
- Creating the Business Plan (Output: Business plan)
- Negotiations (Output: Term Sheet typical clauses)
The document we will work on are: Executive Summary, Simple Financial Plan, Valuation Estimate, Pitch Deck, Business Plan.
Every participant can also access premium services through the Startup and Growth Stage Services options.
Getting to know the fundraising process is one of the largest gaps to fill for new entrepreneurs. There are many “finance talks” but many are superficial. At the same time, accelerators do not typically offer finance or valuation classes, and the startup cannot hire a CFO until later stages. This type of consulting is also expensive and investors have learnt to ‘close an eye’ over the financial plans received, as they are mostly unreliable. We see startups at advanced stages that are still producing very unrealistic financials.
In addition, as consulting does not cost any less for startups than it does for SMEs, purchasing cheap consulting services is often a waste of resources. At seed stage, the founders’ vision should be fully reflected in the documents presented and be consistent with what you are saying in person. A consultant can give you strategy guidance, but no one will create your strategy from scratch, as investors at this stage invest in people. The founders’ involvement and reliability is important for the investment decision.
We believe that this can be done much more efficiently, that’s why we’ve planned out the Seed Finance Program for new and prospective entrepreneurs and seed stage startups to become investment-ready faster. This gives you the tools to create your own personalised story and documents, outsource only what you need, and it gives you the necessary knowledge to re-edit any document when necessary and make them your own.
The program will be intensive, some concepts will be basic and some concepts will be difficult, especially if working with numbers is difficult for you. You will be able to learn some specifics of the financing process, learn how to complete all documents useful for the process and ask additional questions.