This website is operated by Valithea OÜ, incorporated in Estonia with the Registry code 14527981.
Last Modified: 10th November 2018.
Valithea OÜ (“Valithea”, “Advisor”, “we”, “us”, “our”, “I”, “me”) provides financial and transaction advisory services. These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”), as may be amended from time to time, govern your use of: (i) Valithea’s website located at www.valithea.com (the “Website”); (ii) services purchased by you through the Website (the “Deliverables”); (iii) other related services, training and publications provided by Valithea from time to time (collectively, the “Content,” and when referenced together with the Website, the Deliverables, Additional Services and Content, the “Services”).
By using the Services, including, without limitation, submitting your order for the Deliverables on the Website, registering and creating a User account, you, the Client (“User”, “Client”, “you”, “your”), agree to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you are not authorised to, and must not, use the Website. We may, in our sole discretion, amend these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting a revised version on the Website.
The full name of our company is Valithea OÜ. We are registered at Sepapaja 6, Tallinn 15551, Estonia. You can contact us by writing to that address or by email at [email protected] These Terms and Conditions are provided in English language only.
AS THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU, PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY. If you purchase a service, please save a copy of there Terms and Conditions, or ask us to supply a copy related to the your order date.
- If you are offering to purchase a Product on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions on behalf of that organization.
- Our website and every service includes an indication of the scope and target audience: it is your responsibility to purchase the right service for your requirements, for which we offer support and guidance by Skype and email.
- Valithea grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license, to use the Services for your own individual use and to access, install, use, internally copy, internally distribute, the Deliverables made available by Advisor.
- Except as expressly permitted in writing by Valithea, you must not permit any other person to use the Deliverables except only for your benefit, the Client, and the transaction(s) for which the Deliverable was prepared, or you must not permit any other person to exercise any of the other rights granted by us to you under this Client Agreement.
- Client shall order any services online through the online shop of Valithea.com, after which Valithea will approve the transaction, and after approval, Client will receive an invoice. Client shall pay Advisor for the Deliverables in advance through the online payment gateway or bank account provided. If additional Client information are required before accepting the service and before issuing an invoice, Valithea will request additional information through the email provided. If a transaction is paid and it is subsequently not approved, the funds paid will be refunded.
- If you order a service but do not pay for the services ordered within 14 days, the order will be cancelled, and you may order the service again at the current price and Terms & Conditions.
- Please use your business details when ordering the service.
- The Advisor shall keep the Confidential Information shared by Client in the course of the assignment described in each Description of Work secret and confidential for a period of 18 months from the Commencement of Agreement for each Deliverable.
- The confidentiality provisions do not prevent Advisor from describing to potential Clients any Services provided by Advisor described in the relevant Description of Work, and to list it among its public references in the event that the Services or Deliverables are completed.
Key T&C: Commencement of Agreement: Date when Service Fee is paid by Client through an online purchase of a Deliverable
Key T&C: This agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
ARTICLE A: TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES
This Article A governs your use of the Services.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to offer to purchase a Product. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you represent and warrant to us that you are at least eighteen (18) years old. If you are offering to purchase a Product on behalf of an entity, organization, or company, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that organization to these Terms and Conditions and you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions on behalf of that organization. You also agree that you are the end-client for whom the service is intended, and that you are not an intermediary earning a mark-up on Valithea’s services, unless you purchase a service that is specifically intended for you as intermediary. Our website and every service includes an indication of the scope and target audience: it is your responsibility to purchase the right service for your requirements, for which we offer support and guidance by Skype and email. If you purchase a service that is not intended for you and/or your company, or if you expect us to provide services that do not company with our professional standards, we retain the right to refund it to you and not carry out the service. Valithea has the right to refuse any client or project, before the project has been approved, without providing any reason. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when you register or order Services from us, which affects our decision when accepting or rejecting a service.
(2) System and Payment Requirements
Use of the Services requires a computer or similar device, internet access (at the time that you register, create appointments, create and make changes to your account), email, the use of phone applications for the Advisor-Client communication. Because use of the Services involves hardware, software, the use of a calendar app to schedule calls, the use of an online payment system, your ability to use the Services may be affected by the performance of these factors. You agree that such requirements are solely your responsibility.
(3) Accessing the Services
a. Purchasing the Deliverables can take place without an account. It is your choice whether you decide to register an account on the site during the check-out process. After you have purchased the Products, you may access the consulting part the Services by using a link provided to schedule a call (Calendly). Advisor is not bound to accept any meeting or call not scheduled through the application Calendly.
b. Account Information. Creating an account is optional. As a registered user, you will have login information, including a username and password. Your account is personal to you, and you may not share your account information with, or allow access to your account by, any third party. As you will be responsible for all activity that occurs under your access credentials, you should preserve the confidentiality of your username and password. If you have any reason to believe that your account information has been compromised or that your account has been accessed by a third party, you agree to immediately notify Valithea by email at [email protected] You are solely responsible for your own losses or losses incurred by Valithea and others due to any unauthorised use of your account.
ARTICLE B: CLIENT AGREEMENT
You must only use the Services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, including the Client Agreement set forth below.
(1) Acceptance of This Client Agreement
Your utilisation and purchase of the Deliverables, demonstrates your express acknowledgment and agreement to the terms of this Client Agreement.
(2) The Parties
The following agreement will define the scope and conditions of the work between Advisor and Client, hereinafter collectively referred to as “Parties”:
- whereas Advisor is willing to perform certain services and/or deliver certain results hereinafter described in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
- whereas Client wishes to receive certain services and/or from Advisor.
- whereas both Parties wish to enter into this Agreement.
- therefore the Parties agree to the Terms and Conditions contained in this Agreement.
- “Agreement” shall mean there Terms and Conditions, together with any future written amendments and any Statements subsequently issued under this Agreement as may be executed by the Parties.
- “Description of Work” shall mean the information contained in Section C describing the Deliverables to be provided to Client, including the delivery and term of an individual project, prerequisites to be met, information requested, specific obligations of the Parties and defined Deliverables.
- “Deliverables” shall comprise of any services and results to be rendered by Advisor.
- “Client” shall mean the company or an individual person who accepts this agreement and purchases a service from Valithea.
- “Effective Date of this Agreement” shall mean the date of execution of this Agreement, corresponding to the date when the purchase and payment take place.
- “Confidential Information” in the sense of this agreement shall mean any commercial, financial, technical or any other information and knowledge that is not public domain, whether it has been made accessible in writing, orally or by inspection; including without limitation:
I. information on the Corporate Finance Transaction per se and on the relevant negotiations,
II. all staff particulars, reports, presentations, investment memoranda as well as customer data,
III. analyses, comparative studies, compendia or other documents, which are drawn up by Client or its employees or agents.
Information need not be otherwise designated confidential.
(4) Licence to Use Services
Under this Agreement, Advisor may provide and Client may receive Services or certain Results altogether referred to as “Deliverables”.
During the term of this Agreement, Advisor shall provide the Services as set forth in any applicable Description of Work and Client shall have the option to receive such Services subject to the terms and conditions set forth below. All Deliverables are separable and are deemed to be accepted when made available to Client by Advisor.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, Valithea grants you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license, to use the Services for your own individual use and to access, install, use, internally copy, internally distribute, the Deliverables made available by Advisor. The foregoing limitation to individual use notwithstanding, if you are an employee of a business entity entering into transactions on behalf of such entity, you represent and warrant that, as such entity’s employee and/or agent, you are duly authorized to bind such entity to the Terms and Conditions and all transactions effected by means of the Services. You agree not to, and you will not permit any third party to, (i) take any action that would jeopardize, limit or interfere with Valithea’s rights to the Deliverables; (ii) allow a third-party to copy, translate, publish or create derivative works of the Products or any component or feature of the Services; (iii) resell, distribute, trade or make any other commercial use, modify, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Deliverables or any applicable component or feature of the Services; (iv) access or monitor any material or information on any of Valithea system using any manual process or robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means; or (v) use the Services for illegal or fraudulent purposes. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed to grant Client the right to publish, sell, distribute, market or sublicense the Deliverables, in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, to any third party without the prior written consent of duly authorised representatives of Advisor, which consent Advisor may withhold for any reason. You further agree to use the Services for purposes that are permitted by these Terms and Conditions and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
(5) Prohibited Uses
Except as expressly permitted in writing by Valithea, you must not permit any other person to use the Deliverables except only for your benefit, the Client, and the transaction(s) for which the Deliverable was prepared, or you must not permit any other person to exercise any of the other rights granted by us to you under this Client Agreement. All intellectual property rights and other rights in and to the Deliverables which are not expressly granted to you herein are expressly reserved by us and will remain our property and the property of our licensors, as applicable. Your use of the deliverables will be subject to any technical or contractual limitations imposed by third-party licensors in relation to the Deliverables and/or Services.
The permission given to third-parties to use the Deliverables for their own benefit or for commercial purposes not related to you, the Client, represents a damage to Valithea estimated at € 5,000 per document.
Excel models will include a Disclaimer, visible or hidden. Client is prohibited from removing or editing the Disclaimer, Client is only allowed to hide the tab.
(6) Charges and Payments; Taxes
Client shall order any services online through the online shop of Valithea.com, after which Valithea will approve the transaction, and after approval, Client will receive an invoice. Client shall pay Advisor for the Deliverables in advance through the online payment gateway or bank account provided. If additional Client information are required before accepting the service and before issuing an invoice, Valithea will request additional information through the email provided. If a transaction is paid and it is subsequently not approved, the funds paid will be refunded. If you order a service but do not pay for the services ordered within 14 days, the order will be cancelled, and you may order the service again at the current price and Terms & Conditions.
The charges, if any, for your acquisition of the Deliverables will be as set forth on the Website and in these Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time. You must pay to us the charges required for the use of the Deliverables, in cleared funds, in accordance with the instructions on the Website or in the Terms and Conditions, in advance of our provision of any Deliverables or Content. We may vary charges for Deliverables from time to time by posting new charges on the Website or in these Terms and Conditions. However, such variations will not affect Services for which you have already paid.
All initial prices are quoted exclusive of VAT and any other applicable taxes, all of which are the responsibility of Client. We use third-party applications to calculate automatic taxes applied to the Basket for transaction that take place on our Website. Occasionally, these may deviate from the tax chargeable to the Client according to the location and company form. We are committed to verifying the correctness of the taxes charged or not charged during the transaction, and to remedy any mistakes. In case you were wrongly charged sales tax, we will refund this to you. If you owe sales tax to us that was incorrectly not charged on your transaction, we will request a payment of the due sales tax, and in this case we will move the Deliverable start date to the date when the tax is paid through bank transfer. If you do not want to continue with the transaction due to the additional taxes payable, you may choose to have the transaction refunded. Full refunds may not granted when the incorrect tax charges were due to the customer entering incorrect or incomplete information in the checkout form, or may be refunded only after subtracting any working hours that were already carried out.
We typically serve entrepreneurs and investors who may have businesses in different locations or may purchase Deliverables as private individuals despite needing business consulting. We recommend that you purchase our Deliverables through the appropriate business vehicle, or that you contact us beforehand to inquire about the most appropriate vehicle to use. Please use your business details when ordering the service if possible.
Except as otherwise provided for in this Agreement, or as may hereafter be established by an agreement in writing executed by duly authorised representatives of the Parties, all expenses incurred by each Party shall be borne by the Party incurring the expense.
(7) Confidentiality and Data Protection
The Advisor shall keep the Confidential Information shared by Client in the course of the assignment described in each Description of Work secret and confidential for a period of 18 months from the Commencement of Agreement for each Deliverable. Both Parties may disclose the existence of this Agreement and general market information related to the project, but shall keep the terms and conditions of the work confidential.
Advisor and all of its members are authorised to electronically save the agreement data (name, address, contact person, subject of agreement, fees and time frame) for the avoidance of conflicts of interest, for securing their professional independence and compliance with stipulated stock legislations.
Both Parties are permitted to share Confidential Information to its representatives, employees and external advisors, as long as reasonable effort is made to ensure their compliance with this confidentiality agreement.
Should one of the parties be legally obliged to disclose to third parties or state agencies any information received from the relevant other party, it shall, if and to the extent that it is legally permitted to do so, immediately inform the relevant other party in writing after it has become aware of this obligation itself.
The aforementioned obligations do not apply to such knowledge and information which was demonstrably
• public domain at the time of transmission,
• has become public domain without fault attributable to the receiving Party
• is lawfully obtained by a third party, or
• already available to the receiving Party.
In all cases, the burden of proof lies with the Parties.
Nothing in this Agreement will prevent Advisor from marketing, developing, using and performing services similar to the Services furnished under this Agreement. Unless otherwise agreed Advisor will not be prevented from using ideas, concepts, expressions, know-how, skills and experience possessed by it prior to performance under this Agreement.
The confidentiality provisions do not prevent Advisor from describing to potential Clients any Services provided by Advisor described in the relevant Description of Work, and to list it among its public references in the event that the Services or Deliverables are completed. The meaning of completion of work and date when the company’s logo and brief service description can be rightfully published by Advisor, if Advisor so wishes, is at the end of the Consulting Period for the specific Deliverable.
(8) Cooperation and Timing
Client will cooperate in good faith with Advisor to achieve the objectives of the Description of Work and the Agreement; including but not limited to timely fulfilling Client’s obligations as set forth in this Agreement, providing Advisor with timely access to appropriate Client personnel for additional information, and responding promptly to any request from Advisor to provide information, approvals, decisions or authorisations. Client agrees that Advisor’s performance is dependent on Client’s timely and effective cooperation with Advisor. Accordingly, Client acknowledges that any delay in the submission of information of availability by Client may result in Advisor being released from a scheduled deadline.
Excusable Delay: Notwithstanding any provision herein to the contrary, neither Party shall be liable or deemed to be in default for any delays or failure in performance or non-performance under this Agreement resulting directly or indirectly from causes beyond its reasonable control. The Party so delaying shall promptly notify the other Party in writing of the reasons for the delay (and the likely duration of the delay). Foreseeable work commitments and changes in strategy do not constitute causes beyond reasonable control, therefore in these circumstances projects can only be extended after the set deadline for an additional fee.
Information and requests for modifications should ideally be communicated to Advisor at the latest one week before the end of the Service Period to allow Advisor to include the information in the final document. If information is submitted later for Advisor to reasonably update any documents within the set retainer time, Advisor will be released from the standards of quality typically upheld and from the duty to submit a complete final document, unless the service is extended for a fee.
Advisor is typically available on weekends and bank holidays only on an elective basis and in case of urgent need. Any absence longer than two working days that may interfere with the project completion and deadline will be communicated to Client at the start of contract, before the project is accepted, or at least two weeks in advance. The unavailability of Advisor to set up a meeting on one specific working day, or at a specific time requested by Client is in no event a reason to claim the unavailability of Advisor to complete the work (we recommend setting up a meeting or call at least 24 hours in advance). We only accept call time selection through our Calendly.com account, which is accessible on the website and which will be sent through private communication as well. Only absences longer than 2 working days will be communicated.
(9) Force Majeure
If Valithea accepts your offer to purchase a Product, Valithea will not be liable to you for any delay, including any delay due to an event beyond Valithea’s reasonable control, such as an act of God, terrorism, war, political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man-made eventuality outside of Valithea’s control. In the case that we are unable to carry out or complete a Deliverable because of Force Majeure or personal indisposition which is beyond our reasonable control, we will refund the service, minus the corresponding fee for any working hours already carried out.
(10) Amendment of Client Agreement
Valithea reserves the right to modify and/or change any of the terms and conditions of this Client Agreement at any time and without prior notice. By continuing to use the Services after Valithea has posted on its Website a modification of this Client Agreement, you agree to be bound by the modified Client Agreement. However, this only affects future Deliverables purchased, and not ongoing or past Deliverables.
We recommend saving a current copy of the agreement when purchasing services on our website. We will also keep a copy of the agreement that applies to each Deliverable.
(11) Disclaimer of Warranties Relating to the Deliverables
We do not warrant that:
a. Your use of the Deliverables will be uninterrupted or error-free; or
b. The Deliverables will be free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusion, and we disclaim all liability relating thereto.
(12) Termination of Client Agreement
Client can cancel any Deliverable with immediate effect, unless otherwise stated in the relevant Description of Work. However, after the work has begun, the Service Fee can no longer be refunded in any part. All Success Fees or Confidentiality Agreements remain in place according to the set time limit.
Without prejudice to our other rights under this Client Agreement or the Terms and Conditions, if you breach this Client Agreement or the Terms and Conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached this Client Agreement or the Terms and Conditions in any way, we may terminate the Client Agreement immediately by sending to you written notice of termination (which may be given by electronic transmission). If we terminate a Client for this reason, we will not refund to you the transaction charges or any element of the charges you have paid. We may only refund any unused part of the services, corresponding to the total fee minus the fee for the working hours already carried out.
ARTICLE C: DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Commencement of Agreement: Date when Service Fee is paid by Client through an online purchase of a Deliverable. Advisor will provide electronic confirmation with an invoice to Client within 1 working day, provided that no additional information of VAT documents are required to process the service. Working Days are from Monday to Friday.
Immediately after payment, Client can schedule a call with Advisor through the link provided, as well as submit any information requested under the specific service.
Most services include the following information:
a. Provisional Delivery of first draft: Number of days it takes for the Deliverables to be submitted to Client, starting from the time when all key information is submitted to Advisor and the first consulting call with Advisor takes place. The project will start immediately after. The Client is responsible to be ready to start the project at the time of purchase and ir responsible for submitting timely information.
b. It is possible to have an anticipated delivery of some documents in exchange for a fee ‘Faster Delivery‘, payable for each day and each service to be delivered in advance of the Provisional Delivery.
c. Duration of Service: This includes the duration of service, during which Client can request unlimited consulting calls and revision of the work, starting from the day when the service is purchased. This is only available for some services. The Client is responsible to make time to review the documents submitted during this period and to purchase the service at a suitable time. The Start Date of the project cannot be postponed, the project cannot be paused and the Duration of Service is not extendable, except for an additional fee.
On-site work: for most services, the fee does not include on-site work or personal meetings, unless otherwise specified. If requested, the on-site service fee and estimated travel budget are payable in advance of booking and can be agreed upon with an additional Agreement.
Valithea does not render and the Client will not rely on Valithea in particular for any business, investments or commercial matter. It is agreed that Valithea makes no representation, promise or guarantee regarding the successful outcome of any matter in favour, and all expressions relative to the respective transaction are matters of opinion only. Any advice rendered by Advisor to the Client in relation to this engagement may be relied on by the Client only.
The services provided, as agreed, will not include the preparation of any documents outside the scope of the agreed services and not detailed here. If the Client wishes to be provided with additional financial services outside of the scope of the service purchase, these will be subject to a separate written agreement.
Personalised Contract: If you wish to receive a separate contract, to sign only through Docracy or pdf, that is tailored to your specific situation and negotiable on both sides, please select this option or get in contact personally. In this case, you will not be subject to the specific Terms & Conditions reserved for online clients: you can contact me privately if you wish to receive an individualised contract before purchasing any further service. You will receive an invoice and pay for the contract only before receiving it.
If you order fundraising hours, you will receive a contract with the same information contained in the Terms & Conditions after payment in any case. However, if you want to receive it in advance, you can purchase the contract in advance at the standard rate displayed here.
(1) Consulting Session
One online consulting session for new or recurring clients on:
- Financial planning
- Valuation techniques
- Fundraising strategy
- Financing strategy
- Milestones and investment readiness
- Startup long-term strategy
- Exit possibilities
- Due diligence
- Investor relations
- Explanation of past work
After payment, you can book a time for a call online through the link.
There is no minimum call duration and the maximum call duration is set to 2.5 hours, as it will depend on the subject and objective, but any pre-call or after-call work or document review is not included, unless you purchase the add-on: ‘Document review’.
Target: anyone (Entrepreneurs, Investors, Consultants)
Delivery: when a call time is selected through the calendar
On-site consulting can take place only in my current location.
(2) Investment & Exit Analysis
The valuation estimate for early-stage investments can be purchased by investors who want a quick investment assessment. This document can replace an initial due diligence for investments under $500k. It is suitable for investments with a return that originates exclusively from a potential exit.
The analysis will be delivered in a pdf report including a :
– Business model analysis
– Market analysis
– Exit analysis
– Risk profile identified in investment documents
– Valuation estimate according to 2 methods specific for early-stage investments
Target: Startup investors
Information requested (optional): exit expectations, financing expectations, market know-how, any internal financial plan, business plan, market analysis or key competitors list you may have.
After document delivery, we can have a brief (< 1 hour) consulting call to explain the findings.
Estimated Delivery: 3 Working Days from the submission of information and the initial call
Reviews and Consulting Period: Not available with this product.
(3) Startup Financial Plan
The financial plan can be purchased by any company by selecting the relevant add-on options. The basic fianancial plan includes:
- Market sizing
- Customers development and acquisition strategy
- Detailed revenue model
- Detailed costs
- Personnel development
- Integrated financials with P&L and yearly cash flows
- Estimate of funds to raise
- Template structured for automatic updates with graphs and table for use in reports with changeable brand colours
The advanced financial plan is available by selecting the add-on and is the best value options, providing all relevant analysis for fundraising purposes:
- Market sizing and scenarios
- Competitors and strategy analysis
- Customers development and acquisition strategy
- Detailed revenue model and product life cycle analysis
- Detailed costs
- Inventory flow
- Personnel development
- Integrated financials with P&L balance sheet and monthly cash flows
- Estimate of funds to raise and financing strategy
- Sector-specific metrics and breakeven analysis
- Template structured for automatic updates with graphs and table for use in reports with changeable brand colours
The work will be delivered in excel and involves desk market research and strategy consulting and updates for the duration of the project.
Additionally, you can select your stage & project type, valuation, investor documents and feasibility analysis.
The financial analysis document is a short version of a business plan with an extensive analysis of the the financial projections.
The valuation will include the risk-adjusted financials according to 30+ recognised risks, Discounted cash flow valuation, Market-based valuation and stage-relevant methods (exit, VC valuation methods, seed stage methods, replacement method, market-method), Dilution and cap table, Valuation summary and investment highlights.
The valuation report or Calculation Engagement Report will also include a Financial Analysis and is delivered only in pdf. The deliverable will be a 15-25 pages long independent and professional report on the company, financials, transaction and valuation, formatted and with analysis suitable for investors. You can also order only the report, and in this case the valuation will be done separately and not included in the excel delivered (recommended for early-stage startups).
CALCULATION ENGAGEMENT REPORT: Advisor will prepare a short opinion statement on the company valuation, including: an analysis of the Company’s value drivers, investment highlights, analysis of the target market, financial projections and related assumptions, valuation methods, risk estimation, exit possibilities and multiples (if available), as well as considerations for the specific investor (if any). The statement will be between 10-20 pages long for the company (in a detailed power point landscape format, to be delivered only in pdf version).
Olivia Passoni, Certified Valuation Analyst, is responsible for carrying out the assignment. The valuation will be carried out in the form of a Calculation Engagement and it does not represent an independent valuation opinion or valuation engagement. In a valuation engagement the results and processes would differ from the ones agreed upon here. The valuation result will represent a Calculated Value rather than a Conclusion of Value. Consequently, any liability is excluded. The Calculation Engagement will be carried out according to NACVA’s and EACVA’s professional standards on Calculation Engagements, and due to the early-stage of the company, Advisor deviate from typical valuation methods where appropriate and modify these methods according to the circumstances of the specific valuation in order to estimate the Market Value of the selected portfolio startup company. The Calculation Engagement differs from a Valuation Engagement in that the latter may involve more advanced methods: in this case Advisor would require full access to the portfolio company’s data as well as the full collaboration of the companies’ management over a more extended period of time than the one described here, due to the company’s early-stage, in order to arrive at a ‘conclusion of value’.
You can additionally order multiple specific feasibility analysis from the list below:
- Market Validation research and analysis
- Competition and business model differentiation
- Pricing Analysis
- Country-based legal research and Entry barriers
- Scenario Analysis and Financial feasibility
- Metrics Analysis
- Impact Analysis
- Financing Strategy
- Growth Strategy Review
- Risks analysis
- Investment and Acquisition Strategy
- Expansion strategy and Company structure
- Value Maximisation
The project can start immediately, and if you have a deadline, please view the delivery schedule and choose an earlier delivery.
Process: I will ask you for initial information or documents about the business, followed by a call to exchange ideas and data about future planning and strategy. Afterwards I can work independently on the project, asking you questions via email. We can then review the materials over a couple of calls at each milestone for the project duration.
Estimated Delivery: 5 Working Days from the submission of information and the initial call.
Reviews and Consulting Period: 3 weeks from the Day of Purchase.
The Delivery and Review Periods are added up if you purchase multiples documents.
(4) Startup Due Diligence
A Commercial and Financial Due Diligence can be carried out for an investor (for financing or acquisition purposes). The target company should be not older than 3 years (since incorporation) or have more than €1m in revenue. The analysis covers:
* Shareholding agreement, general legal setup and litigation risk (general, this is not a legal dd)
* Contracts and eventual leasing agreements
* Operational plan
* Administrative tools
* Product development and identifiable risks
* Market and international risk
* Barriers to entry
* Preliminary traction
* Market validation
* Marketing strategy
* Funds available
* Financial plan and Budgeting
* Team (commitment, experience, functions covered, company culture)
* Information basis (completeness and missing information)
* Investment risks
* Business risks
* Control systems (financial, commercial, strategy)
Tax or Legal matters require a separate tax or legal due diligence.
The information request list will be submitted after purchase. Availability for an initial and final call to review the findings sought.
Estimated Delivery: 18 Working Days from the submission of information and the initial call.
Reviews and Consulting Period: 1.5 months from the Day of Purchase.
a. Advanced Due Diligence
Due Diligence add-on for a company between 3 and 10 years of operations, including on-site review of target company.
To be purchased at least 7 Working Days days before the start of the on-site Due Diligence.
Delivery: 27 Days from the date of purchase
Review Period: +2 weeks
(5) 1 Week Updates & Consulting
1 week of unlimited consulting and/or updates to 1 (or maximum 2) documents delivered by Valithea in the previous 12 months.
Also suitable for investment updates of portfolio companies, any extended consulting not including the preparation of new documents, and due diligence support.
If your document was last updated by us longer than 12 months ago and your strategy has significantly changed or if you have recently surpassed three years since incorporation, you will need to purchase a new document.
If your document was last updated by us longer than 12 months ago and your strategy has NOT significantly changed, you may only include 1 document per update.
A financial plan, a valuation, a valuation report all count as separate documents.
Service Period: 1 week from the Day of Purchase. (cannot be postponed, paused or extended)
(6) 10 Hours Fundraising Support
10 hours of support for companies looking for funding.
The capital raising services can include:
- Fundraising Roadmap
- Investment readiness training
- Online consulting sessions & recurring communication
- Investor calls
- On-site meetings (with travel expenses charged extra)
- Document reviews
- Document updates
- Due diligence support
- Dataroom management
- Investors List
- Investors Approach (exclusively as team member, no introductions)
- Financing applications
- Article writing
- Meeting with other company consultants
- Term sheet and transaction consulting
If the task is not on the list, please ask in advance whether it can be included.
The support encompasses a variety of tasks: depending on your situation, you can receive a short recommended fundraising roadmap according to your company features and budget, with a list of recommended services and the amount of hours involved for each task, or you can simply choose the tasks you want independently. Any document can be purchased separately.
There is no contract or success fee linked to the service. The hours can be bought in 10-hours packages, with a maximum of 30 hours per order. There is no commitment to keep buying the hours, the service is completely flexible.
There is no minimum number of tasks to choose, but the service map will include the most effective and cost-efficient way to achieve the set goals. It is the responsibility of the CEO to follow the outline or to choose other tasks depending on their preferences. An effective fundraising process is well in excess of 100 hours, including documents, the estimated hours for different levels of service are:
The used time is recorded at 15 minutes intervals and updated during each week when the time is used.
Please view the Terms & Conditions for additional information.
Additional details of the service:
- Any communication and negotiation is also part of the working hours from the time the service is paid.
- If the purchase of new batch of hours from repeat Clients involves additional negotiations or if urgent work is needed before Client can pay for new hours, Advisor can refuse to carry out these activities until the batch of hours is purchased, or any time spent on the project inbetween will be accounted for in the new batch of hours.
- Milestones will be set regularly to ensure the successful fundraising. Advisor can refuse to sell additional hours without providing reason.
- Advisor is providing transaction advisory services to Client in the form of consulting and assistance during the fundraising process. The service does not involve a commission, success fee or finders’ fee whatsoever, and therefore the payment of the hours is due independently of any result or any involvement in the transaction that takes place in the future.
- The Advisor will act as non-exclusive corporate finance advisor to Client in the envisaged Transaction support services. However, we do not recommend hiring multiple advisors as this may disrupt the service and reduce the likelihood of success. We may therefore refuse to sell additional hourly packages if the work becomes ineffective due to the presence of multiple advisors or when members of the team are not aligned towards the same goal.
- It is important that the communication takes place directly with the CEO of Client Company, and that any other team members involved in the transaction are aligned with the goal of achieving a successful Transaction and that the hours used serve this scope.
- Excluded from the fee paid are any possible travel and accommodation expenses or the cost of any external consultants or payment of third-party software or platform for the purpose of the transaction that the Client wishes to use. In the event that travel expenses are incurred and requested by Client, Advisor will notify Client in advance of the budget for selected travel costs, payable in advance before any booking can take place. Advisor does not have any commitment to be in a location in close proximity to Client before any meeting is scheduled and paid for.
- The investors’ approach can be paused by Client any time by simply not purchasing additional hours. The confidentiality agreement and data protection, limitation of liability and payment terms will remain in place as per the Terms & Conditions for each separate hourly package purchased.
- Advisor is obliged to absolute discretion. Advisor is permitted to share the name of Client to any selected potential financial investor according to the financing strategy selected. The business plan provided by Client will be shared to prospective investors by Advisor only if the investors express an interest in the company, however without having to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. The financial plan will not be shared in full, but only in a password-protected form or pdf, unless an NDA is signed by Investor. This process can be revoked or modified in writing by Client anytime and with immediate effect. Advisor has no responsibility for the investors’ direct or indirect use of information provided by Client.
- Advisor will also provide support to Client for any queries that might emerge in the course of the approach and negotiations with other investors not contacted by Advisor. Advisor can refuse to carry out tasks and participate in calls not directly involving investors or the financing process, but that are more related to the day-to-day management of the company.
- Advisor and Client will cooperate in good faith and with the same goal of achieving a successful Transaction. Thanks to this goal-alignment, if the cooperation ceases, Advisor will forward any communication to Client that may arrive in the future, or when no remaining hours are in place. However, any additional consulting or communication requires the purchase of additional hours. Advisor may work only on an elective basis on the Mediation with currently interested investors, for the successful Completion of the Transaction, but may choose to do so only in certain circumstances.
(7) Financing Strategy
Download the automatic Financing Strategy Planner.
Answer 32 Questions on your company, research comparable fundraising rounds (optional).
Then click on ‘PDF’ to download the document in PDF (saves on Desktop).
You can purchase the premium version as add-on, where we will do all market research, measure the consistency of your answers and consult you on the most appropriate route to follow in 1 consulting call.
(8) Seed Finance Training
The program can be conducted online and includes 6 Conference Calls of the duration of about 45 minutes. It is also ideal as an add-on to any accelerator program.
All participants will be able to:
- Join the 6 scheduled calls
- View the lecture slides online for 3 months
- Receive templates to create your own investment proposal
- Be awarded a Completion Certificate.
The finance lessons will take place online or on-site in a small group to be able to interact, share information and ask questions. Most lessons will involve assignments, therefore the best outcome is guaranteed when joining all the sections with the following themes:
- Introduction to the Financing Strategy, the investment market, instruments and shareholder issues (Output: Your Financing Strategy)
- Telling a story with numbers (Output: Elevator Pitch)
- Customers and Market Validation (Output: Validation Plan)
- Financials: Customers, Revenue and Marketing (Output: Market Size)
- Financials: Costs and Cash Flow (Output: Simple Financial Plan)
- Exit Strategy and Value (Output: Executive Summary)
- Startup Valuation (Output: Valuation Estimate)
- Communication of financial figures (Output: Pitch Deck)
- Finding & Approaching Investors (Output: Long List of Investors, approach strategy and online presence)
- Creating the Business Plan (Output: Business plan)
- Negotiations (Output: Term Sheet typical clauses)
The document templates you will receive are: Executive Summary, Simple Financial Plan, Valuation Estimate, Pitch Deck, Business Plan.
After purchase, we will get in contact to schedule the course.
Target: Pre-revenue startups or early-stage investors.
Duration of service: 3 months from the Day of Purchase.
Requirements: Availability and scheduling of calls during the Duration of Service, Preparation to do the necessary work, Familiarity with Excel and Power Point.
* Any participant is expected to have only a direct interest in the subject as (prospective) entrepreneur and ability to benefit from the programme. Valithea reserves the right to reject the application of any participant for any reason.
* Any download or document cannot be shared with others according to our Terms & Conditions. All participants are required to agree to our Terms & Conditions.
ARTICLE D: GENERAL PROVISIONS
(1) Limitation of Warranties
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE SERVICES, AND/OR TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, THAT ARE NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. USE OF THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM VALITHEA OR THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, VALITHEA, ITS PROCESSORS, ITS PROVIDERS, ITS LICENSORS (AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES) DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; (II) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (III) THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE; (IV) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (V) THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ANY CONTENT OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DOWNLOADED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM SUCH DOWNLOAD.
(2) Limitations of Valithea liability
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT OUR LIABILITY FOR ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL VALITHEA, ITS PROCESSORS, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ITS LICENSORS (OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR UNAVAILABILITY OF, THE SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL VALITHEA, ITS PROCESSORS, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ITS LICENSORS (AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES) BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING, OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR VALITHEA ACCOUNT, OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, VALITHEA, ITS PROCESSORS, ITS SUPPLIERS, AND ITS LICENSORS (AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES) ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF THE SERVICES; (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES; (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN; (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION OF THE SERVICES; (V) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY; AND (VI) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR DATA OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR DATA POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES. IN NO EVENT SHALL VALITHEA, ITS PROCESSORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS (OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, AGENTS, DIRECTORS, AND EMPLOYEES) BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE AGGREGATE FEES EARNED BY US IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES DURING THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM FOR LIABILITY.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SECTION APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF VALITHEA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF, OR OTHERWISE MIGHT HAVE ANTICIPATED, THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. THE SERVICES ARE CONTROLLED FROM FACILITIES IN ESTONIA. THE COMPANY OPERATES FROM DIFFERENT LOCATIONS. THOSE WHO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO SO AT THEIR OWN RISK AND OF THEIR OWN VOLITION AND ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO EXPORT AND IMPORT REGULATIONS.
Except if they result from Advisor’s intentional act or gross negligence, Client shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Advisor, its affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, as incurred, brought by parties other than Client and arising in any manner out of (i) Client’s use of, or inability to use, the Deliverables; (ii) any third party’s use of, or inability to use, the Deliverables made accessible directly or indirectly by Client; or (iii) any breach by Client of any provision contained in this Agreement; (iv) the modification or request of modification of any Deliverables after the first submission to Client by Advisor.
You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us, our processors, suppliers and licensors (and each of our respective employees, directors, agents, affiliates and representatives) harmless from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, damages, judgments, tax assessments, penalties, interest, and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of any claim, action, audit, investigation, inquiry, or other proceeding instituted by a person or entity that arises out of or relates to: (i) any actual or alleged breach of your representations, warranties, or obligations set forth in these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, any violation of our policies; (ii) your wrongful or improper use of the Services; (iii) any transaction submitted by you through the Services; (iv) your violation of any third-party right, including, without limitation, any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights; or (v) your violation of any law, rule or regulation of England and Wales, and any other country, state, county, city or jurisdiction in which you reside.
(4) Third-Party Websites
(5) Intellectual Property
Valithea reserves to itself all rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms and Conditions. The Services are protected by patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret and other intellectual property laws. Valithea owns the title, copyright and other worldwide Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) in and to the Services and all copies of the content which comprise the Services.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress and service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights, and other intellectual property rights as may now exist or hereafter come into existence, and all applications therefor and registrations, renewals and extensions thereof, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction.
We may transfer, subcontract or otherwise deal with any or all of our rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent – provided that, where you are a consumer with respect to a contract under these Terms and Conditions, we will not transfer our rights and/or obligations under that contract in any way which may serve to reduce the guarantees benefiting you under that contract.
All notices given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing, signed by duly authorised representatives of the Parties and delivered by hand or sent by registered mail, e-mail or through other electronic transmission. Either Party may change the address to which notices are to be delivered by giving written notice to the other Party. All notices and other written communications shall be deemed delivered on the day they are personally delivered to the other Party by hand or, if sent by registered mail or e-mail on the date indicated in the return receipt. Any electronic signature is valid for this Service Agreement, any Statement of Work and any additional Notices that require signatures by both parties.
No term or provision of this Agreement shall be deemed waived and no breach consented to unless such waiver or consent shall be in writing and signed by the Party to be charged with such waiver or consent.
(8) Relationship of the Parties
Neither Party shall, by virtue of this Agreement, have any right, power, or authority to act or create any obligation, expressed or implied, on behalf of the other Party.
If a provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, such portion shall be deleted and the balance of the provisions will continue in full force and effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect. Without further action by the Parties to this Agreement, such provision shall be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
(10) Third-Party Rights
These Terms and Conditions are for the benefit of you and us, and except as otherwise expressly set forth herein are not intended to benefit any third party or be enforceable by any third party. The exercise of our and your rights in relation to these Terms and Conditions is not subject to the consent of any third party.
(11) Governing Law
This agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation. All disputes arising out of this Agreement or related to its violation, termination or nullity shall be finally settled under the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) by one arbitrator appointed in accordance with the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) Rules. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
(9) Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of the Services and supersede all previous agreements with respect to your use of the Services. This Agreement and any Statement of Work between the Parties, constitute the entire agreement of the Parties with respect to the subject hereof and shall not be modified, amended or changed by the Parties except by a writing executed by authorised representatives of both Parties.
We hereby consent that our company data (and subsidiaries), like address, contact person, order type, fee, project and business information and estimated time of the project can be stored in the client data management system of Advisor.